Sunday, January 17, 2010

What I've been up to lately...


I bought a sewing machine with my Christmas money a couple of weeks ago and I have had a lot of fun trying to figure it out. I decided to make some curtains and pillows for our bedroom as my first project. It's been awhile since I've done any sewing and I am very much a beginner but I am excited about learning! Here are some pictures;





Nothing too advanced but I'm pretty happy about how they turned out, now what to do for my next project?

I haven't posted for awhile and I thought I should probably post some pics of my niece! Emma Rayne Bushman was born on December 15th to Daniel's brother and siser-in-law, Derek and Lindsey. She is such a precious little miracle and we are loving being auntie and uncle!


Proud Uncle and Auntie
Uncle Daniel's influence of course!



Well that's all for now...

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great job on the sewing! Your room is beautiful. Your niece is such a cutie - you definitely look like a proud auntie:)

Ruth said...

You did a great job....I have many projects for you that will keep you busy for a long time.

mom

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

Kim those projects are awesome! I love tinkering on my mom's sewing machine and would love to have one of my own. I don't know if your sister in law needs more blankets, but receiving blankets are really easy to sew and you can be really creative and find some really chic baby material. keep up the good work!