Monday, September 6, 2010

A Summer so Sweet


I can't believe summer is over, it's September already, the days are shorter and the air so much crisper. Every year, summer seems to slip away so quickly and this year was certainly no exception! I am grateful, however, that we were able to build so many memories this summer, I look back and realize how much we were actually able to do!


We loved being able to spend time with our niece, Emma! It didn't take her long to learn what a big goof her uncle is! We are also really excited to meet our niece/nephew due to arrive in November to Tanya and Aaron!





Daniel had the opportunity to meet up with Jordan Hendry from the Chicago Blackhawks when he brought the Stanley Cup to Nokomis.

We had an awesome opportunity to go to San Diego for a week in July. I had found
an unbelievable seat sale a couple of months prior and we asked my sister,
Steph if she wanted to come with us! We were able to see and do lots of stuff,
many adventures and laughs
were had!


We celebrated our two year anniversary shortly after the trip and we also took a couple of day trips to the lake with friends/family.

On the August long weekend my Dad took Daniel to a Riders game in Regina while Steph and
I hit the malls!

The next day we took a trip to the Crooked Bush with my family. It was probably one of the
strangest things I have ever seen, every tree in that bush grew crooked and there is
no explanation! On the way home we saw a funnel cloud which was really amazing to
see but somewhat scary at the same time!


In August, Daniel's dad took his staff from the store to see the Home Hardware car at the NASCAR races when they came to Saskatoon.

We also took a long weekend in August to go up to Madge Lake with Daniel's family.
Good times were had, boating, tubing, golfing, eating, and just hanging out!

Just this last weekend, we added another guy to the family! Miranda and Josue were
married in my parent's backyard! I tried my hand at making a cake and did a bit of decorating, it was really fun and I was honored to be able to do that for my sister! It turned out to be a beautiful day and we wish them the very best in their years to come! We love you guys!
After all the festivities we went up to Saskatoon to see the fireworks!


Although this year may not have gone exactly how we wanted or anticipated God is good and his blessings are abundant! I am so thankful for all He has given me and I look forward to all He has planned for us!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Thanks for the update Kim! What a fun summer you've had. Definitely lots of memories made:) Praying for you and Daniel as you continue your journey together.

Niki said...

Looks like you've had a busy summer! Love all the pictures... Isn't it amazing how God's plans so often look different from ours? And yet the blessings that come are amazing and unexpected. Hope you guys are doing well.

Chrys said...

Looks like a fun and busy summer! I agree with you that it went by WAY too fast! It always helps to have great memories to look back on though!